Amplify My Community and the Amplify Decatur Music Festival are committed to ensuring a safe environment for our artists, attendees, volunteers, and vendors.
We believe in science and encourage our patrons to get vaccinated against COVID-19. Doing so is good for the individual, the community as a whole, and will help us fulfill our mission of leveraging the universal love of music to fight poverty at the local level.
We are taking the following steps at The Amplify Decatur Music Festival:
Free event on Friday, October 1, 7-11 p.m.
- Reducing the event capacity to 60 percent, less than 1,999 attendees, to allow for social distancing.
- Requiring all on-site vendors and volunteers to be vaccinated.
- Requiring all attendees, vendors, and volunteers wear masks.
- Distributing masks, free-of-charge-at the event.
- Encouraging social distancing with signage and from the stage at the event.
- Setting up hand-washing stations throughout the festival.
Ticketed event on Saturday, October 1, 4-11 p.m.
All of the above, plus:
- Requiring all attendees (all ages) to provide on-site proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test within 48 hours of the event.
- Partnering with Viral Solutions, who will offer on-site testing at no charge to ticket holders who do not meet the above requirements.
- Encouraging vaccinations, testing, and mask wearing in multiple direct messages to all ticket holders before the event.
We are also consulting with public health officials and the City of Decatur on an ongoing basis to update and improve our plan as the event approaches.
The team at Amplify My Community